San Francisco offers a range of municipal services: everything from online absentee ballot forms to information on zoning laws. See the following list for those services most useful to a homeowner. For a complete alphabetical list of city services, visit SFGov.org:
- Board of Supervisors: Call (415) 554-5184 to find out how to contact the supervisor for your district. See our Board of Supervisors article for more information.
- Department of Building Inspection (DBI): Call the DBI at (415) 558-6088 for permit information before planning any renovation or construction projects. See our Permits article for further details.
- Fire Department: Call (415) 558-3200 for information on fire safety. For emergencies, dial 911. See our Fire Prevention and Earthquake Preparedness articles for more information.
- Police Department: Call (415) 553-0123 for non-emergency situations that do not require immediate action, such as noise complaints or loitering. For emergencies, dial 911. See these Crime and Home Security articles for more information.
- Recycling: Find out which items can be recycled—Call the Recycling Hotline at (415) 554-7329. Get information on collection services and drop-off locations. See the Recycling article for more details.
- Sewer Service (Wastewater Treatment): Call the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) at (415) 551-3000 for questions about your bill or service. Call the 24-Hour Odor Hotline, 415-695-2096, to report sewer odors. See the specific articles for Water & Sewer Service and Sewer Odors & Problems for more information.